Shop Cleaning & Organization
My Chore Chart (For Kids)
- Elmer's® Foam Board™, White or Color of Choice, 20" x 30" x 3/16"
- Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Tacky Glue
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Gripster® Knife (and new blade)*
- Elmer's® X-ACTO® Self Healing Cutting Mat
- Sheet foam, 12" x 18": black, lime green, purple, yellow, orange and red
- 12" length of 3/8" wide ribbon, light blue
- (45 sets) 5/8" diameter white, self-adhesive Velcro® dots
- (35) 1 3/8" diameter buttons, misc. colors
- Adhesive-backed foam letters to spell "MY CHORE CHART!"
- 12" x 3/8" wide ribbon, any color (for hanger loops on back)
- Acrylic ruler
- Yard stick and ruler (to measure and mark rows)
- Black permanent, fine-line marker
- Photo of child (2 1/4" x 3")
* Ask an adult to use X-ACTO® Knife.
- Use scissors to cut foam as follows: black 3" x 17" (title); lime green 3" x 3 1/2" (photo),
1 1/2" x 5" (chore), (7) 1" squares (days of week); other colors, each 1 1/2 x 5". Use Elmer's® Craft Bond™ Glue Stick to glue black strip to top center of chart. Attach foam letters to spell "MY CHORE CHART!". Use Glue Stick to glue photo onto lime green foam and glue to chart below title strip.
- Parent or child can use black marker to print letters for days of week on 1" lime green squares and glue under title strip. Print chores on colored strips, making as many as desired. (Note bottom of board can be trimmed later, based on length needed for chore strips.) Place chore strips down left side of chart, spacing approx. 2" apart. Attach each to chart with two adhesive-backed Velcro dots. Use yardstick and ruler to measure and mark places for Velcro dots (where buttons will go), leaving approx. 1 3/8" between dots in horizontal rows and vertically space rows approx. 2" apart. Attach adhesive-backed loop side of Velcro dots to chart as marked.
- An adult should use Elmer's® X-ACTO® Knife (with new blade) and acrylic ruler on Elmer's® Cutting Mat to trim Foam Board™ chart after all chores and dots have been determined. (Hint: Score lightly first and then press more firmly to cut deeper, with several passes of the knife. Replace blades often.)
- For hanger loop, overlap ends of a 6" length of ribbon and use Elmer's® Craft Bond™Tacky Glue to glue to top left back of board. Similarly, make and glue loop for top right back of board. Let dry before hanging.
- Attach other side of Velcro dots to back of buttons. Store unused buttons in small box or plastic bag near chart.
Important Walmart Disclaimer: All content, including but not limited to, recipe and
health information provided in In Stores Now, is for educational purposes only. Such content is
intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a medical professional.
Such content does not cover all possible side effects of any new or different health program.
Consult your medical professional for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program.
Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under eighteen (18) years old,
pregnant, nursing, or have health problems.
If you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food
products prior to consumption. Allergens and their derivatives can have various names and may be present
in some food brands but not others. If the ingredient list is not available on the food product, check
with the food manufacturer, or do not consume the product. If you have a food allergy, speak to your
physician and/or a registered dietitian for a comprehensive list of foods and their derivatives to avoid
prior to using any recipe from Walmart.com. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility
for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein.
Product information is provided by the supplier or manufacturer of the product and should not be construed as
advice. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information
provided on this site.