Learn how to work smarter, not harder, with affordable products that make cleaning a breeze and keep your home smelling and looking fresh.
The first step in preparing for cleaning your home is to make sure you have all the important essentials on hand. Using the wrong tools or cleaning solutions is one reason many people don’t obtain the results they expect. Fortunately, cleaning supplies are inexpensive and easy to find once you know what to look for. Begin by taking stock of what you already have on hand, then create a shopping list and pick up the rest of these important cleaning essentials for a sparkling clean that leaves your home looking its best without high costs or the back-breaking labor.
- Picker-Uppers: Paper towels, non-abrasive scrubbing pads, reusable handi-wipes, reusable sponges
- Brushes & Brooms: Broom, dust pan, toilet brush, scrub brush; you may also want to consider specialty brushes such as a window blind brush, ceiling fan brush or vent brush to tackle particularly difficult jobs
- Cleaning Solutions: All-purpose spray cleaner, window cleaner, bleach, hard-water mineral remover, toilet bowl cleaner, enzymatic carpet cleaner, tile and grout cleaning solution, metal polish. Go green and save money by purchasing large-size chemical cleaners and using refillable spray bottles.
Download our handy cleaning supplies shopping list.
If you have special cleaning needs because of pets, high household traffic or a yard to tend to, consider renting professional cleaning equipment or purchasing a household version to do the more demanding jobs yourself.
- Carpet-Cleaning Machine. Renting a carpet-cleaning machine is easy, affordable and allows you to make sure the job is done to satisfaction for a fraction of the cost required to hire a commercial cleaning company. Another added benefit is the ability to work around your schedule rather than waiting for professionals to arrive. If you have pets or find yourself renting a machine on a regular basis, consider purchasing an easy-to-use carpet care machine for the home. It makes quick work of spills, stains and other routine maintenance and could save you money over time.
- Floor-Care Machine. Another popular item for those with laminate or tile floors are the new and affordable floor-care machines that combine the ability to vacuum, mop and scrub tile and grout into a single convenient appliance.
- Pressure Sprayer. Purchasing a small pressure sprayer to tackle tough jobs like concrete walkways, pool enclosures and outdoor eaves can save time and money. Not only are they easy to use, affordable and a great way to spruce up your home at a fraction of the cost associated with hiring outside help, but the ability to maintain your home on a regular basis means it takes less time to get the job done.
Important Walmart Disclaimer: All content, including but not limited to, recipe and
health information provided in In Stores Now, is for educational purposes only. Such content is
intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a medical professional.
Such content does not cover all possible side effects of any new or different health program.
Consult your medical professional for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program.
Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under eighteen (18) years old,
pregnant, nursing, or have health problems.
If you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food
products prior to consumption. Allergens and their derivatives can have various names and may be present
in some food brands but not others. If the ingredient list is not available on the food product, check
with the food manufacturer, or do not consume the product. If you have a food allergy, speak to your
physician and/or a registered dietitian for a comprehensive list of foods and their derivatives to avoid
prior to using any recipe from Walmart.com. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility
for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein.
Product information is provided by the supplier or manufacturer of the product and should not be construed as
advice. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information
provided on this site.