Shop Cleaning & Organization
5 Tips for a More Organized Closet
Get Back on Track
Staying fit and getting organized
has never been easier when you know how.
Find out how
De-clutter and discover the closet space that’s “disappeared” over the past year with these easy tips for a well-organized closet:
- If you haven’t worn it in a year, toss it. Better yet, donate it to charity – you’ll help someone in need and might get a tax write-off into the bargain.
- Organize and group clothes by season. If it’s January, you won’t need that bikini for a while. Pack up everything that’s out of season in clear storage bins and you’ll be able to see what’s inside when you’re ready to unpack as the next season comes around.
- Go vertical. Hang short jackets or blouses on one side of your closet, and then use the space below for small drawers or shelves to store sweaters and shoes. Don’t have enough closet space? Getting a free-standing closet or closet organizer can literally double your space.
- Group clothes by type (shirts, pants, skirts, dresses, etc.) and color. This will not only help with organization but will make it easier to choose outfits, too.
- Neatness counts. The right hangers will help clothes hang neater, last longer, and give your closet a more ordered look.
Important Walmart Disclaimer: All content, including but not limited to, recipe and
health information provided in In Stores Now, is for educational purposes only. Such content is
intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a medical professional.
Such content does not cover all possible side effects of any new or different health program.
Consult your medical professional for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program.
Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under eighteen (18) years old,
pregnant, nursing, or have health problems.
If you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food
products prior to consumption. Allergens and their derivatives can have various names and may be present
in some food brands but not others. If the ingredient list is not available on the food product, check
with the food manufacturer, or do not consume the product. If you have a food allergy, speak to your
physician and/or a registered dietitian for a comprehensive list of foods and their derivatives to avoid
prior to using any recipe from Walmart.com. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility
for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein.
Product information is provided by the supplier or manufacturer of the product and should not be construed as
advice. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information
provided on this site.