Honor the mom-to-be with a memorable baby shower. A little planning and some smart shopping will help you achieve that goal. Use this handy idea list for all your baby shower needs.
Choose a Theme
Don’t limit yourself to blue or pink. Baby-shower themes should complement the new mom’s personality. Here are a few ideas:
- For a traditional mother, try a classic theme like baby ducks or teddy bears.
- Is she an active mom? Use a sport or game theme.
- Plan a coed shower. The dad-to-be will love being included.
- When in doubt, check her registry for inspiration.
Get the Word Out
Choose baby-shower invitations that complement the theme. Send them out as early as you can. Guests need time to save the date and shop for the expecting mom.
- Sneak a cute photo of the mom-to-be. Then, use it to print personalized invitations.
- Enlist a friend with great handwriting to address the envelopes.
- When shopping for invitations, don’t forget theme-complementing stamps.
Feast on Fun
Don’t overdo the menu. Ask a few close friends to bring side dishes. It’ll make for an easy feast.
- First, order the baby-shower cake. The cake should match the theme.
- To save on time, use a slow-cooker to cook a main dish the night before.
- Think finger food. Small sandwiches and cheese platters are easy to grab and go.
Decorate for Less
Shop for coordinating baby-shower decorations. Bring a list with you — it’ll help you avoid extra shopping trips.
- Use the cake or a gift basket as a centerpiece.
- Hang balloons and streamers around the mom-to-be’s special chair.
- Include festive paper napkins, cups and plates.
Don’t forget favors and keepsakes. It’s a great way to thank friends and family for their support.
- Tea tins, candy tins, candles and small plants all make great favors.
- If you know the baby’s gender, go with blue favors for boys and pink for girls. Is the gender a surprise? Pick a neutral color, like yellow or green.
- Baby items serve as cute reminders of the shower. Consider giving rattles, rubber duckies, stuffed animals and baby shoes, to name a few.
Help the mom-to-be keep track of her thoughtful presents.
- Have a close friend or relative write down gifts as the guest of honor opens them. Include the gift type and who brought it. Want a great keepsake idea? Write it all down in a blank baby book.
- Give the new mommy a head start on thank-you notes by bringing stamped, preaddressed envelopes.
- Thank-you notes
- Utensils, plates and napkins
- Baby-shower cake
- Party decorations
- Party favors
- Easy menu items
- Prizes for game winners
Important Walmart Disclaimer: All content, including but not limited to, recipe and
health information provided in In Stores Now, is for educational purposes only. Such content is
intended to supplement, not substitute for, the diagnosis, treatment and advice of a medical professional.
Such content does not cover all possible side effects of any new or different health program.
Consult your medical professional for guidance before changing or undertaking a new diet or exercise program.
Advance consultation with your physician is particularly important if you are under eighteen (18) years old,
pregnant, nursing, or have health problems.
If you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food
products prior to consumption. Allergens and their derivatives can have various names and may be present
in some food brands but not others. If the ingredient list is not available on the food product, check
with the food manufacturer, or do not consume the product. If you have a food allergy, speak to your
physician and/or a registered dietitian for a comprehensive list of foods and their derivatives to avoid
prior to using any recipe from Walmart.com. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility
for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein.
Product information is provided by the supplier or manufacturer of the product and should not be construed as
advice. Walmart does not sponsor, recommend or endorse any third party, product, service or information
provided on this site.