Homemade Tomato Soup with Double Grilled Cheese Sandwich
|1small bunch basil leaves |
Great Value extra virgin olive oil |
|1small yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped |
minced garlic or garlic clove |
Great Value tomato purée |
Great Value chicken broth |
|Great Value salt and sugar, to taste |
whole wheat bread (per sandwich) |
Great Value olive oil (per sandwich) |
Great Value provolone cheese (per sandwich) |
Great Value cheddar cheese (per sandwich) |
1. In a blender puree the basil leaves, olive oil, onion
2. Add the mixture to 5 or 6-quart pot and heat over
medium heat until bubbly and fragrant, only a few minutes.
3. Add tomato puree, chicken broth and water and bring
to a simmer. Cook 15 minutes then season to taste with salt and a couple pinches of sugar.
|The Grilled Cheese:|
1. Brush the bread slices with olive oil on one side
2. Assemble the sandwiches with a sliced of cheese with the oiled sides of the bread slices facing outward.
3. Place as many sandwiches as will fit into a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and cook until golden brown on both sides, flipping once.
4. Slice each sandwich into fingers and serve with a bowl
of tomato soup.
Here’s a Tip:
Homemade tomato and basil soup with grilled cheese tastes great with a tall glass of Great Value organic milk or add some crunch to your soup by crumbling in Great Value crackers.
Important Walmart Disclaimer: The recipes appearing on the Site are either user-submitted or content generated from another third party. Walmart.com does not sponsor, recommend, or endorse any specific recipe.
All content, including but not limited to, recipe and health information provided in In Stores Now, is for educational purposes only.
If you have dietary restrictions and/or allergies, always read the ingredient list carefully for all food products prior to consumption. Allergens and their derivatives can have various names and may be present in some food brands but not others. If the ingredient list is not available on the food product, check with the food manufacturer, or do not consume the product. If you have a food allergy, speak to your physician and/or a registered dietitian for a comprehensive list of foods and their derivatives to avoid prior to using any recipe from Walmart.com. Neither the author nor Walmart.com assumes any responsibility for errors, omissions or contrary interpretation of the subject matter herein. Recipe cost information